"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Friday, March 03, 2006
The future Mrs. "Big-D"....um thanks, but no.
We have the Harlem Globetrotters this weekend. I have never seen them live but I'm sure it's an awesome thing to see. So I got a "sneak peak". Just a few minutes ago I was taught how to walk through the arena to make sure all of the seats are there. Mainly the accessibles, and floor seating. We have two rows of seating around the basketball court for this particular event. And so as a normal procedure before every show you are supposed to walk around (good workout now that I can't do my classes anymore!) and double check that extra seats are numbered properly. So while doing this, the Globetrotters and the Nationals are practicing which was pretty cool to see.

When I went upstairs to check the club level, third floor mind you, I get called by this huge guy running behind me. I thought there was something wrong because I forgot my i.d. badge and he was going to do a clothespin tackle because I was running around and he thought I was going to attack the players. He says hello to me and shakes my hand. This dude is huge...hands practically wrapped around mine like Andre the Giant. He wasn't overweight but he was built. He asked me with this very deep voice "what was I doing" and I explained. Then he pulls out his....

...business card. He told me his name (he goes by "Big-D" but on the card it's Darryl) and said that if I wanted to hang out to give him a call. If I wasn't doing anything after the game to give him a call.

No, I wasn't interested, but I can mark this down to say that I got hit on by a celebrity's entourage?!? Too funny.
posted by Janel @ 5:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com