"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Monday, February 13, 2006
Ahh...the affects of alcohol. Again.
I don't know what to say about the weekend: interesting perhaps? Probably. Christian called on Saturday afternoon and came over to the house. We ended up watching "Sky High"...I know. You're probably thinking, "are you kidding"? But actually it was a pretty cute movie. A lot of celebrities were in this film, Kurt Russell, Kelly Preston, Bruce Campbell...anyway, I thought it was pretty funny and the boys laughed at it. Well that evening we were invited to go to a hockey game and Malcolm decided to start up the drinking pretty early. Here's where it gets interesting:

First off; my other roommate Paul brews his own beer. This month he brewed a raspberry-applesauce beer which is pretty good. But the alcohol content is pretty high. I heard last week that Malcolm said his face was getting numb after having 4 beers. Fast forward to Saturday, Malcolm has three beers before going out to the hockey game (I told him to slow down because we always have beer at the games!). Well before hitting the Scope I suggested getting dinner at Red Dog. It was great, their Saturday happy hour consists of half price liquor and select beers; as well as buy one get one free on appetizers. So we loaded up. Food, beer, you name it. I had ONE drink: they call a leg lifter (consists of Barcardi Limon, Apple Pucker, Peach Schnapps, and Melon Liquor...NOTHING ELSE) and I swear I felt like I had three drinks. Well I blame myself the fact that I didn't eat much until we got to the restaurant, so I'm lucky I didn't get sick the rest of the night.

Well after dinner and a few beers (not me) later, we get to the arena...Malcolm drops my new phone...**sigh**. Anyway, we get our seats and we happen to get lucky to be sitting next to a group of boy scouts....VERY BAD IDEA. First thing I say is "Watch your mouth". Yep...we're talking about F-bombs going everywhere. It got to the point where one mom said for him to stop. I'm wondering if we're going to get kicked out. I know this is nothing compared to any other night at a hockey game or a Tucker Max moment, but still I felt bad and my buzz was going away because I was telling Malcolm to stop cursing! The lady later laughed it off because truth: it was pretty funny. We leave the game and head over to Jack Quinn's to have one more drink. Malcolm is so inebriated, he's telling me over and over, "I am D-U-N, DUN". So I ask him if he wants us to take him home and he says no, he would just hail a cab. I get a text message later saying "I an home" (no I didn't misspell it). He did tell me the next morning that he ended up doing a lot of drunk dialing...I should have taken his cell phone when he told me to.

Christian, myself and Malcolm at the game. Notice the boys in the back! There were more around us....damn potty mouth Malcolm!


Well this week...probably won't be so bad. Tomorrow Martina McBride is supposed to play here tomorrow...but we are not sure she can make it! She's performing in Boston tonight and if you were under a shell...the northeast got hammered with a huge snow storm. So they are unsure how they are going to get out of there to come down to Norfolk. I am scheduled to work the Merchandise again...but who knows. This show was postponed before, I sure do hope they don't postpone it again...we're going to get some angry folks!

posted by Janel @ 4:43 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com