"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Saturday, March 18, 2006
90% on the clock, 10% at home
To start off...Friday night (St. Patty's Day) was quite interesting. I met up with Liz and Jared and met their friends and hung out in Ghent for the "Greening of Ghent". Basically a block party on Colley Avenue and whole bunch of folks hanging out drinking beer. Well since it was way too hectic at the beer tables, we ended up going to the nearby 7-11 and had our drinks in Big Gulps...I couldn't stop laughing. But Liz and I ended up with the nastiest Barcardi Watermelon beverage. Tasted horrible...filled me up more than giving me any sort of buzz. After sitting out in the cold for 2 hours, we decided to call it a night. But I got a call from a very old friend of mine from back in the day (Julian) and hung out with him for an hour. I haven't seen him in well over 5 years. I saw another friend Glen on the oh so addicted myspace site and talked to him as well as other folks. Most of the people connected through him were old co-workers from Regal Cinemas. It was great to see him...and I hope to not lose touch with these folks again.

....anyway....

Today starts the NCAA tourney for women. As we sat around watching the practices and selling our tickets as usual, we find out the Maryland Men's team got their butts whooped by Manhattan College. And of course I had five people in my office watching the television screaming at them. Why? We wanted Maryland to win so we would not end up hosting the NIT here. Pretty much we would have the NCAA Session 1 and 2 tomorrow, NIT Monday night, NCAA Championships Tuesday.

...and of course Maryland lost.

So that means I will be working from 8 AM to hmmm....probably 11:30 PM Sunday; 9:30 AM to 11 PM Monday, and 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM. 14 hour work days. 14. The hard part about it is that we will be fully staffed in a box 90 percent of the time. I hope my body can hold up for that long. All I'm thinking is one more week and it's over. I CANNOT WAIT.
posted by Janel @ 5:21 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com