"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Monday, September 26, 2005
My first house party
Occasionally I'll check out a few house parties, but this weekend was the first time I hosted one. Paul and Malcolm let me have one to celebrate my move in. The turn out was nice, I had those who were dear to me show up. We had wine, Killian's on tap (Did I mention that we have a bar?), and plenty of food to eat. My mom and her boyfriend Ray even came over to check out the place. I got her approval :) We sat and talked, ate, and then all challenged each other to darts. I was so close to winning every time, but the opponent only needed one shot to win. It was also Christian's birthday weekend (well, today is actually his birthday), so I was nice enough to make him a cake. I was so proud of myself! It came out pretty good! We took it to the bar (where almost everyone knows our name) on Sunday, and about half the staff had a slice...and speaking of the bar:

...no drinking on a Sunday night. Because Mondays suck even more than they usually do when you feel like crap. Yeah, Christian and I went to Whitehorse Pub to hang out. First it was just going to be a movie, which we saw "The Corpse Bride"...I was kind of disappointed in that movie; it was cute, but just wasn't getting to me. But we went back to get our cake that we left at the bar, and just our luck it was karaoke night! Don't get me wrong, I like hanging out at this place, but when a large majority of the people there pick songs that make you want to slit your wrists, or take a shot to the head...here comes the yawning. Now I'm not a big singer, I'll sing in the car, shower, bedroom...but in public: I am terrible. I'm not tone deaf, I just can't sing. So when I'm at a bar and it happens to be karaoke night, I will probably sing if: 1) I had enough drinks in me or 2) I am dragged with a group of people when a majority of the crowd can't hear me. So last night I asked Christian if he would go up there and sing one song for me because for the longest time I asked him to go up and he refused; I tried different things last night, "I'll give you a dollar!", or "Sing or else I'll make you take a shot!". But he tricked me, and said what the heck buy a shot, but we all ended up getting one. So by the third shot, he finally gave in and picked Steppenwolf's "Magic Carpet Ride". Finally after months of begging, he went up there to sing. Good for him. I'm bet that he's going to make me go up there next time. Crap.
posted by Janel @ 3:20 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com