| Wednesday, September 07, 2005 |
| What a weekend!! |
Man this weekend killed me!!!
Of course I moved out of my old place and went to Norfolk. First off on Friday I changed all my information for change of address...and get this: my car insurance went up $10 a month! What kind of crap is that?!? It just went down two months ago (I got in a car accident a few years ago and now my record is finally clean!!), give me a break! So I guess I will be looking for a new carrier.
Saturday was the official moving day. Christian was nice enough to help. I really thought I could get it all done in one trip...nope, too much stuff. So I had to do two trips, which was not exciting. After all of that it only took about 4 hours to move everything in! Not bad at all.
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!! American Idol! Well I had to report to work at 1:00 to set up the merchandise booths. As we're getting ready you hear the sound checks, and the sponsors setting up their booths (Pop Tarts and Corn Pops). They had huge freezers full of the new "Strawberry Milkshake" Pop Tarts, and then had a Karaoke machine on the other end for the guests to sing. So just my luck, I get to hear people attempt to sing Kelly Clarkson, Hilary Duff, or any other high register singing girls...Such a bad idea. Doors open at 6:00 and they set me up at the bottom floor where everyone comes in. I swear to God, it was chaos within 5 minutes! By 7:00 I probably had about $400 in my pocket for change. You know when I was young, I begged my mom to buy silly merch from concerts, and now I feel bad. Why spend a ton of money when you know that in 6 months, that poster will be on the floor or the shirt will become the "cleaning shirt" because "the band broke up" or "they no longer rock". And people were dropping about $50-$200 for these things! Crazy I tell you. So I ended up working until the end of the show (got my free Pop Tart for dinner), and ended up leaving around 11:30 pm. Even better throughout the day, my knee and ankles were killing me from the move the day before, so I was going up and down stairs like I was 75 years old. I heard that I was supposed to stay later, but Erik here (Event Manager) was very nice and let me go home early.
So I ended up sleeping in a room filled with boxes, and a half made bed. Slept like a baby...apparently I slept through my new roommate rolling his ankle outside and screaming. Totally was knocked out through that.
This is only the beginning. It's going to get crazier with work through the months ahead. |
posted by Janel @ 5:23 PM   |
|
|
|
|
|