| Tuesday, March 28, 2006 |
| Addicted...It's Like A Drug |
Today at work someone came in and talked about the oh so addicted myspace.com. And yes, it's true. It's addicting. I realized that I have 60 "friends" on my account. I quote that because out of the 60, 1 is Tom...creator, and I believe I have The Norva, my job, and I think I put Coldplay on there so I can keep on probably tour dates or something. But the rest: I know each and every one of them. I have one cousin on there, I either went to high school with some, dated (only 2 are on there), worked with or either I just became friends through a friend. And now it's become to the point where we communicate only though myspace...
...going out? Check on myspace. ...want to tell someone you miss them? Check on myspace. ...showing a funny joke? Check on myspace. ...telling the world your favorite song/band? same thing ...want to do a quick survey to let others know about you? Of course...
I just realized that about 90 percent of these people I added as friends, I haven't see them since high school. This is pretty much a pre-cursor to my reunion....
By the way I ran into an old friend the other night and he told me he got his invitation to the reunion which is supposed to take place close to the end of the year. Apparently this thing is taking place in Downtown Norfolk at one of the hotels...price: about $100 per person. Unfreaking-believable. If I want someone to come with me, it's going to cost me $200 to go?!?! What kind of craziness is that! Whoever coordinated the reunion must have done poor researching. I know the past few reunions have been at Duck Inn and since we no longer have that place, we have no choice than to have it at a hotel or some facility. If I ever plan on going to this thing, there better be glam and glitter at this event!
...anyway. Well this site is addicting. I can't believe that I check my account ever so often. My roommates think I'm crazy (well one...Paul is actually on there but not that active)...yet sometimes I'm asked what was going on or what funny stuff did we get on our site. But overall...I'm glad that I get to see people I thought I would not see in a very long time, or keep in touch with family or friends far away.
|
posted by Janel @ 8:24 PM   |
|
|
|
|
|