"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Friday, October 21, 2005
Hmmm....Halloween
So it's around the corner...next Saturday. I have been invited to a Halloween party where a costume is required. This year it's being thrown by Eric and Vedette. For the last four years Chris and Christian when they were living together always threw a house party. It's funny how when I think about what to wear to a costume party, I think about 6 months back. Because I don't go to Spencers or Harygul's to buy a costume. I think of the idea myself and try to be creative with what's around. For example:

This was my costume from 2003. I dressed up as Daphne from Scooby Doo. Standing with me is my friend Mary dressed up as a pit stop girl. I actually sewed that dress! Without the help from my mom, I think I would have totally messed that up. I wore this to work for our costume party/contest...and won :) Back to the house party, this was the party where I attempted to do my first "fireball". I think I was SUPER drunk to attempt that.




And this was from 2004. Meghann and I played Mario and Luigi. I LOVED those gloves! I still have them. Chris and Christian didn't have a party this year so we went out to Kelly's Backstage Tavern in Norfolk. We got a lot of compliments that night. Again, I wore this to work for the annual contest, and won second place for this one.

Now for this year after a lot of thinking, I'm going as a girl scout. A brownie to be more specific. I went to the fabric store the other day and got my fabric for the skirt and sash, lace for my hair ties and neck; and then I hope to find at a local thrift store a white button up shirt. It's funny though, when I told people what I was going to be, the first thing they ask is if I'm going to "spice" it up. I am not sure yet. We'll see how that turns out :)
posted by Janel @ 9:36 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com