So last night was the first time in a while to go out and actually try to have fun by having a few drinks and listening to music you can dance to...
...well I didn't dance. I don't know if I can dance anymore coming from a person who did all types of dance lessons for twenty years. It's been so damn long I think I lost my rhythm. I'm going to end up like my mom doing that two step dance or even worse...keep doing the "Carlton" as everyone calls it...
Or:
Actually...I did this ONE time at Jillian's dance club, no joke...I didn't get that kind of attention though. I just got the nod of shame.
Anyway, last night we ended up at Voodoo Rouge and if you hung out in Downtown Norfolk, usually this bar and one more place ends up being very quiet with not even 30 people throughout the evening. Well this time, there was some VIP party going on and I had to go in and meet up with people. First off...cover charge!??! Someone must have been pretty special to have a cover at this place. I did find out this morning that it was probably Beanie Segal's party? Didn't even know he was in the area! Well back to my topic; I went to the bar to grab Christian and myself a drink....20 minutes later I finally get service. I think the bartender was having a grand old time mixing drinks. He got a Captain and Coke...and it was pretty clear. My Malibu and Sprite tasted like straight up rum. Pretty good if you really want to get messed up.
We were actually having a good time. I heard songs I haven't heard in a while, toe tapping along. Then when I turned my head, I notice that there's a massive line outside waiting to get in. This bar first off is not that big. It's long and narrow. The setup is exactly like the bars down at the beach. Once a huge crowd comes in it's no longer fun. So I went back to the bar to try and close my tab. Three bartenders...you would think that they would split up the bar and serve only each section?!??! Nah. All three were on one side that was packed. Yeah, I understand that they wanted to get each person finished, but the longer they stayed there, the more people would migrate to that area. And I wasn't going to try to get into that mess. I had a perfect spot! 30 minutes later; that's right, 30 minutes, a few people around me are getting agitated. One guy was tapping two glasses together, broke them (whoops) and finally one guy comes right by me and I said with the nicest voice, "Excuse me...may I get my tab?". Asshole puts his finger up and says no and walks off!!! Finally the other bartender gets my card and I can finally leave. I was extremely pissed, so I drank off my anger at another bar.
And a few drinks later, who knew what happened, but I was drunk and happy. My tolerace nowadays is shitty. I felt like I had lot to drink when I probably had three or four. Pitiful.
|