| Friday, April 28, 2006 |
| Late night random stuff |
This is totally random, but I was thinking about this on my ride home from Meghann's birthday dinner. I was listening to my oh-so-awesome ipod (I'm so corny), and I thought about it. Most of the songs I hear reminds me of the people I was either with or my friends, or particular times in my life. For example:
1. Meghann- everytime I hear AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" I remember her singing that to me (keep in mind as much as I love her, she's tone deaf, but she acknowledges that!) or the Rolling Stones, "Paint It Black". I remember her singing that at a night of karaoke at Steppin' Out, when we had the bar to ourselves and sang 10 songs each.
2. This album brings up a few memories: Sarah McLachlan's "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy". A few things happened whenever I listened to this album, meeting Chad (first guy I dated briefly in college), the tragic death of my cousin, and also 9/11(I was listening to this album right when the first plane hit the WTC). For quite a while I would consider that album (well, CD) my "bad luck album" mainly because besides the fact of dating a guy, two tragic things happened. When my cousin died, I didn't listen to it because I thought it reminded me of the day he got into the accident. When I said "I haven't heard that CD in a long while, let me pop that in" later on, something bad happened again. I didn't listen to that CD since 9/11. I put it on my ipod, yet everytime a song comes up I still end up skipping it. Should I have not put that on there all along?
3. My Dad: The Gap Band's "You Dropped A Bomb On Me". Nothing to do with the lyrics or anything, but because I remember my dad dancing like a chicken (yes, he does that "chicken dance" where he flaps his arms, or if you want to call it the country dance) and that was his favorite song to dance to.
4. My mom: Any Earth, Wind and Fire song. Mainly because she sings falsetto. Those songs were perfect for that. Sometimes it was almost like she was an opera singer, yet she tried to sound like the lead singer
5. Christian: any Beastie Boys or Eminem song that he knows. I noticed he would rap with it in a comical way, not bad, but he would always have a "fun" tone to his voice and he would always sway his head from side to side. Or one song I remember when he played Led Zeppelin's "Ten Years Gone"...just seeing his reaction on how much he liked this song, everytime I hear it I think about the things he tells me.
It's kind of hard to think of my own "signature song". I'm sure people out there hear a song, and they say it reminds them of me. I know that my mom will definitely say that Diana Ross's "Upside Down" was my song because I used to twirl around in circles singing this song (I was 5 people) or whenever it's my birthday, I would have Stevie Wonder's "Happy Birthday" played. But I'm not sure what songs are "my songs"...
What do you think? |
posted by Janel @ 1:57 AM   |
|
|
|
|
|