"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Work Perks
So for working at ODU's Ted Constant Center, one perk I get is a "faculty/staff" ID. So with that ID I can use it at the gym or workout at the group fitness classes. Great stuff, right? Better than paying $50 a month at the YMCA. And I don't know if Norfolk's rec centers are like Virginia Beach's where you just pay $50 a year...hell I don't even know where Norfolk's rec centers are?!?! Anyway, tonight's class I decided to take was a "Bootcamp" class. One hour and it starts off with 2 laps around the courts in the field house, back into the classroom and do jumping jacks, jump rope, etc. Then she split us up in 4 groups and had us do reps of different things with either the ball, weights, steps, or ourselves by doing crunches, situps or squats...KILLER. You know it's a workout when your body starts to tremble slightly from the weights. I would definitely do it again.

The only bad perk about doing these workouts: the attendants. I need to keep in mind that I am doing this with college kids...a majority of them probably Freshmen. Girls who are 10 years younger than me. Occasionally you'll see another "faculty/staff" member, so I kind of don't feel weird. But some of those girls are so young and immature it just kills me. I guess I'll have to grin and bear it considering I get to do this stuff for free...
posted by Janel @ 8:24 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com