| Monday, January 09, 2006 |
| My string of events and "surprises"... |
I was granted an extended weekend (woo hoo!) and decided to go to Fredericksburg. Well Malcolm was working in Florida and Paul was going to have his girlfriend spend the weekend with him so I thought I would leave the house to the two of them and I was invited to hang out with Christian and his parents up there. That evening we rented The 40 Year Old Virgin and had a laugh. I know his dad must have loved that movie. Saturday we drove out to DC, had lunch at Spices (Asian/Sushi Bar...very good) and checked out "King Kong" at the Uptown. This place is awesome. Huge. Well the wuss came out and a tear almost fell during the end. But I was extremely proud for staying awake through the whole movie!! There was a lot of action so I guess that kept the adrenaline going?
Sunday morning we were craving a good breakfast and ended up at Denny's and I had their french toast. Was very good...but so very bad. Glad to walk off an 1/8th of the calories at Khol's afterwards but disappointed that I didn't find anything. I'm so picky when it comes to shopping I guess I want to make sure I'm satisfied with what I'm paying for...especially when it comes to shoes! My job has me walking from one end to another of the arena, so comfort is definitely required.
Anyway, got home last night, and come home to Paul sick probably with flu-like symptons (better not get sick! Doing well so far!) and this morning after sitting here for the first hour of work, I get a call from Lisa that she's pregnant. Little Lisa is going to be a mother! It's too surreal. And I also found out a girl who I knew since she was 2 is now a mother...
|
posted by Janel @ 2:24 PM   |
|
|
|
|
|