| Tuesday, November 15, 2005 |
| **hiccup** One wedding down, one more to go! |
I think I was drunk for two and half days straight....
This weekend...phew; what a weekend. Friday night was Mary's Bachelorette party. It was a blast. We first met at her friend's house in Suffolk to participate in a Tasteful Treasures party. Sorry folks, didn't buy anything. Maybe at a later time ;) But we pre-drank at the house as well. The host's husband works for Budweiser, so we got a hookup with a ton of drinks. Right before the limo showed up Mary realized that she left her id at the house! So we ended up having the limo pick us up at the house and just have us hang out at one bar, Farhrenheit. I had who knows how many drinks there. But I thought Meghann was amazing. She would drink one and two minutes later ask, "let's get another. What do you want?" and I wasn't even halfway done! Well we closed out the bar, and the limo dropped us off at Chris and Mary's house. At the same time, the boys had Chris's bachelor party and their limo was dropping them off. So we said what the heck and waited for them to come home. We ended up having a get together at the house till about 4 AM.
...somehow I didn't wake up with a hangover?!? That's amazing!
Saturday was Lisa and Ashley's wedding. I can't believe how fast time flew for this day. I was so happy for her. She was absolutely stunning. The wedding ceremony took place at Ocean View Park. It was a perfect day, but a little chilly. Lisa and her family showed up in a Hummer limo...nice. The best part was when they arrived, Ashley yelled out, "Lord have mercy" in that cute southern accent of his. He was so excited to see her. The reception was cute, as a matter of fact, if I didn't mention it before, the place was where Lisa and I held our Sweet Sixteen birthday party. So it was great to hang out in a place 11 years later. I only cried once: when she danced with her dad, and her mom left the room. Hard to imagine that the baby is getting married.
Later on that evening we hung out at Keagan's down at the new "downtown" Va Beach. It was a lot of fun, hanging out with the gang and doing carbombs. I forgot a change of clothes, so I ended up wearing Christian's shirt on top of my dress. It was killing me! I was hoping to not get too drunk this time, but I got a pretty good buzz instead. I pretty much learned my lesson the night before...for heaven's sake I was drunk around Meghann's stepdad, and I pretty much think of him as a second dad! Anyway, the next morning we met up for brunch at the Beach Pub, meeting up first at the hotel Joe, Heather and Mira stayed. Afterwards we headed out to the oceanfront to hang out and check out the new statue of Neptune on 31st street. Right before we got there, we ran into the newlyweds! They got a hotel at the new Hilton by the statue and were having brunch. They were nice to show us their room and the top floor of the hotel. There was an "infinity pool" and the view was totally amazing! Following, we went downstairs to check out the new Neptune statue. I have seen it before but at night. I thought it was a beautiful. Christian loves how the turtle he's "holding back" has this pissed off look on his face. Also we noticed the dolphin around his rear end has the same look. And Neptune is pretty ripped! At the same time, Joe brought his kite out and tried to fly it. It was windy but it was going in different directions. It was so cute to see him attempt to get it up in the air running around like a little kid. Well that weekend was exciting, tiring, you name it. I got home and crashed big time Sunday night and last night. This weekend shouldn't be so bad. I do have Mary's wedding, but on top of that I have to work at "ODU's Homecoming Concert". It will feature Three 6 Mafia, Mike Jones, Twista, Jim Jones, and Trey Songz. Man...I'm looking forward to that one! Then Sunday is our big Homecoming game for the Lady Monarchs against Duke. I wonder how that on will turn out... |
posted by Janel @ 11:39 AM   |
|
|
|
|
|
Excellent, love it!
Ithaca youth hockey mites web hosting dayton real estate agencies valium walk in freezer used Laser tattoo removal stratton mounta Mazda used car canada Diazepam cod