"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
First Blog!
So I had a blog through another site, but I didn't like it. So what I am going to do is just post the ones I had on that site to catch up to today's events:

I thought I was not going to do this stuff. I read other's (friends as well) blogs and say, "interesting stuff" all the time. But I never had the guts to put myself out there as well. So what the heck. I'll start one up!

Crap, summer's almost over and I have to realize that once again I didn't take a vacation. Such disappointment, but yet my fault again. I keep telling people, "let's plan something" or hear from my mom that "we're going to London" but then time goes on...and before you know it: too late. Ugh. I really hate myself for that. But better than nothing, I did take some three day weekends. My last one was up to DC with Christian (I'll probably use his nickname from now on: Xian)...It was fun yet interesting. First off we decided to go to Six Flags America (outside of DC) on that Friday...Oh my gosh. Please remind me that the next time I want to go to an amusement park to go to Kings Dominion, Busch Gardens, hell...Cedar Point! This place sucks big time. I think we got there around 12 and went on the Superman Ride of Steel roller coaster (the only ride that gives me sweaty palms!), Two Face (fun!), and The Mind Eraser...no kidding...I got a fat headache after that ride. Well that was it. Yes...three rides. Then it started to rain. No biggie. But when we wanted to go on other rides, it was either not working at all or off and on. Xian posted something about his opinion here:
Ghetto Park!!! And the waterpark was just not appealing at all. So by 4 we said forget this and left. Xian tried to at least attempt to get a refund or rain check and they didn't play. Oh well...a lesson learned. No more Six Flags.

The rest of the weekend was interesting though. We met up with
Doug and went to a party with his friend Heather. Interesting party! Probably at least 50 people attended this birthday party: the birthday boy was Heather's friend's father. Man he can throw down a party. Apparently this happens all the time for his bday. Young and old, drunk or sober, you name it they were there. A live band, someone swinging on the tree swing, dudes dancing in the living room...Some guy kept getting me and Heather to pose for pictures...he was having a little too much fun, better not find my face on someone else! And Doug was the highlight with drinking a whole bottle of wine, and a lot of beer. He didn't even realize that we took his last beer from him! So entertaining. To end it all, we hung out in DC for a while for brunch and then stopped one last time at Doug's house, and stopped in Fredericksburg to hang out for dinner at Xian's parents' house. Good times...although I found myself sleeping a majority of the weekend...as Xian would finally get his chance and say to me, "you are getting old".
posted by Janel @ 2:54 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com