| Wednesday, July 05, 2006 |
| AGH! What day is it?!?!? |
Everybody have a good 4th of July weekend? Mine wasn't too bad. It was half and half. I tried not to make it too busy simply because I felt more to relax. Though yesterday...felt like shit. Didn't feel like working. Wanted to stay home; still feeling like today is TUESDAY:
WAH!!!!!
The weekend started off laid back with hanging out with Christian at the movies, checked out The Break Up, and then grabbed a beer at the White Horse. I found out that Steve and Grace are heading out to Texas to live...Sunday I watched the US Grand Prix race with Christian. I thought I was going to do a good job and stay awake throghout the whole thing. Because face it, I don't have a favorite team...I don't have a favorite driver...and I'm still learning the whole rules and regulations. Hell, they are some cute guys out there: Kimi Raikkonen...
Fernando Alonso But I know Christian will be proud that I know a good number of the drivers and the team they are on. So about 30 laps into it...I'm knocked out. Anyway, after the race was over we went to see our friends who just got married. They live in Idaho and since most of their old friends still live here they threw a party the following week of their wedding for those who were not able to fly out. It was a perfect evening to hang out with folks I don't see too often.
Tuesday was our LONG day. Malcolm decided to take out the boat and hang out. The day started at 10:00 AM and we were out until 4. I tried my best to "avoid" the sun: applying sunscreen every hour...hiding under my towel (yeah that looked great!). Hours later and a few beers in (well my roommates were two times ahead of me by then....but I caught up some); we went out to the Virginia Beach Amphitheater to see the Dave Matthews Band. Count it: this was concert number 16...SIXTEEN TIMES I have seen them play! Good Lord...I still have all of my tickets from every show (except this one) and pictures my old co-worker took when he was working at the venue as their photographer. Anyway this show was just as good as any other show. They played a lot of their old songs and a few off the new album and 1 or 2 brand new songs. My 20oz cup of beer was never empty thanks to the guys and on top of me getting drunk, having to run to the bathroom three times (ugh...that's what I get for breaking the seal), I had to watch one of the guys from running off; and we already took his cell phone from him...trying to find a drunk guy in a crowd of 20,000 was not going to be a fun experience. Getting home took over an hour and a half as usual leading me to very little sleep and of course thinking that the next day was Monday; screwing everything up. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that tomorrow's Friday. Great that the weekend's really around the corner!
Next thing to try this weekend: sailing. Somebody's going to strap me on to the thing like they did to Bill Murray on "What About Bob?"...."I'm sailing! I'm sailing!"
|
posted by Janel @ 8:19 PM   |
|
|
|
|
|