"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Yessss...the last weekend...of NOVEMBER!
I don't know how to describe this weekend. Partially half and half I would say? Well of course I had to work this weekend, so I unfortunately could not go to New York with my mom...well a wee bit fortunate. I have a feeling that if I did go she would just nag and say I'm being a pain for just breathing. So I probably would have spent 90 percent of my time in the city, but then she would nag me for not being around...um, yeah, it was better that I didn't go. So instead Liz invited me over to her parents house for dinner. It was very nice. I was glad it was at 1, the tryptophan quickly kicked in once we finished.

Friday and Saturday was work. Friday was the Boston Pops. I ran into Chris and Mary since part of my wedding gift to them was tickets to the show. After that was over, a few co-workers joined me out at Empire on Granby street for some tapas and martinis. Well just one: we were too tired to make it to two....Saturday was game day for the boys basketball team. So far they're 7-1, so their progress is going great. It's going to be pretty interesting this season. I worked until 8 and left to go over Kayt's house. She and her hubby Joey threw a post Thanksgiving party. I said I wasn't going to stay long or get too drunk, but that didn't happen. Some of the boys were playing Beer Pong and Turbo Cups. Meghann, Pablo, and I ended up getting dragged in there (mind you I haven't played Turbo Cups since John Barry and his sister had a tournament a few years back). I think we tied a few rounds. But it was pure fun.

...a few shots later...no not me! I didn't take any shots! I'm talking about Meghann and Pablo!

So we were all play fighting around....Pablo got a little carried away and had his arm around Kayt's neck. When Kayt was trying to give the "OK" this one guy in the party (who I heard was a wrestler in school...perhaps, because earlier he and Pablo were fooling around in the gym/garage and he pinned him down pretty quick) thought that Pablo wasn't playing and grabbed him as well behind the neck. So all three fall down, and and Kayt isn't breathing...she's almost turning blue. People around starting screaming and people weren't letting go. Finally they did, and people weren't understanding that Pablo does mess around with the girls with "play fighting" but sometimes, it looks like he's taking it too far.

...major buzz kill. Eh, time to go home.

So one more month till the end of the year. What am I looking forward to? The crazy Christmas shoppers which means more people on the road and this area SUCKS with the traffic. The sound of "Here Comes Santa Claus" repeating in my head (happens all the time...and it's not the whole song, it's just that one verse. What the hell!). And also to get my car inspected and fixed...yeah, looking forward to that. With the amount of money I put in this year for this thing, I sure do hope it passes. Yeah, that's my Christmas gift to myself after all of that and possibly getting more stuff done when I go through this inspection. I think I'm such a scrooge. Is that wrong?
posted by Janel @ 1:56 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com