"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Monday, May 15, 2006
No tickets for YOU!
Last night we had our Mother's Day New Jack Reunion Tour. Things were going smooth with the exception of the weather (from a severe thunderstorm warning to tornado watch/warning), until right around 7 PM a lady came up with a gentleman asking for tickets that should have been left for her. She tells me her name, "Cheryl Clemons"...and things are not registering to me. Her face is ringing a bell as we are looking for them and as soon as I do not see any tickets under her name, I realize, "Crap! That's Coko from SWV"! I used to listen to that group all the time back in the 90's! How do you go up to a celebrity and tell them that the band didn't leave tickets for you?

...I did. I felt bad. And she was mad (not at me thank goodness). But to tell her no tickets were here felt extremely weird...especially since she was on the other side of the window and not performing that night.

Besides the whole celebrity encounter, I had my mom and Ray come to the show. I surprised her with flowers and got her a dinner in one of the group boxes (I was tempted to stay up there because that food was excellent). She was very pleased and I got brownie points for my gift giving :)
posted by Janel @ 12:37 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com