"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Late, Late Night Observation
Kayt invited me out tonight with her friends to go out to Time Lounge. Mind you I haven't gone dancing in a very long time...so of course I am automatically the "wallflower". I can dance...I took ballet, jazz, hip-hop whatever classes throughout the years of my life, so I have rhythm...I just don't use "my talent" that much when it comes to going out to the danceclubs when I actually end up there. As I stand there with beer in hand and head bopping like the brothers from Saturday Night Live/Night At The Roxbury (I'm kidding!) I realize that I look at my surroundings and notice quite a few things when it comes to going out:

Whether it's just getting the bartender's attention or noticing that cute guy across the way...looks are the key to grab anyone's attention. And it happens in places like Time. If you know me...I'm defintely not that slim, long-haired (blond or brunette), model looking girl. At times, yeah, it bothers me. Sometimes when I go out...a majority of the time I end up being the "wingman". If not the wingman, then the "single girlfriend". That's worse though. When you have your girlfriends force you into people's faces who are either not interested...or even when I'm not interested. It can kind of be a little embarrassing. I'm not saying that Kayt or anyone else did it tonight. But I have gone through that situation numerous times. Anyway, back to tonight. I did have a good time, hanging with Kayt of course. But I just had this voice in the back of my head saying that "I shouldn't be here".

posted by Janel @ 2:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com