| Monday, February 12, 2007 |
| Dang it! I got sucked in... |
I was reading Amalah's site today and she was mentioning the infamous 'tag you're it - tell me six weird things about yourself'...and I was not going to do it, but eh, I'll still going to give it a shot. I'm sure some of you may know about this, but then yet again...
1. As all may know, I used to be in Marching Band in school. I did it for years, and even taught after school. When we learned how to "march" it was in a parking lot. The parking lot lines were five yards apart just like the football field, and you learned how to even out your steps to each line. It could be four or five, whatever...I still do it. I leave work here and as soon as I end up heading into the parking lot, I end up "marching".
2. Another "walking" thing. Remember the whole "step on a crack, break your mother's back"? Yeah, I still do that on sidewalks sometimes. It's not on purpose! But if I'm walking and just start staring at the ground, I'll end up skipping the cracks like Jack Nicholson on As Good As It Gets. And also if I'm a passenger in the car, when I was younger, I would take my pointer and middle finger and have them "run really fast on the sidewalk"...yeah...it's weird.
3. When I was young, I was extremely terrified of any pictures of Jesus Christ - reason...my aunt in New York has a dark stairway to go up to the bedrooms. There was a 24x30 painting of Jesus right at the top of the stairs. At night, I was scared shitless. I would turn on all of the lights, but yet still look down to the floor. My aunt still has that painting up....
4. I'm a extremely picky eater (however I found out someone I know is worse than me?!?!). I like most of my foods plain. YES! Chicken Sandwich - plain...with cheese sometimes. Burger? Bacon and cheese and that's it. No condiments. Period. Also I have a habit of eating things in order. I don't really mix it up; go from fries to the sandwich and then back to the fries. Nope - I finish the sides first then go to the sandwich. And when it comes to expiration dates, I go by that date. Especially when it comes to milk. I think there have been one or two times where I'll drink a glass of milk in cereal or a shake and it will be a day or two past. If it's any later I will not finish it. Somebody else can, or I'll throw it out. I have had two instances where milk has been bad to me, when I went to a convenience store and bought chocolate milk, the exp. date was over a week away but the truck's cooler must have died so the milk went sour so I actually took the rest of the day off because I felt so sick and kept gagging....and when Christian made me a protein shake with his roommate's milk. It was unopened and he found out that after making it for me, the milk had an expiration date way back, and I looked at me like to make sure I wasn't going to be sick. Have to look out for it every time now.
5. My pinky fingers are "bent". If I put my hands together with the pinky fingers touching, you will notice that the tips will bend and at the top joint and makes a "Y".
6. This one I'm totally amazed. Since I have been playing the violin since the fifth grade, I can easily tell what is not in tune. To give you a brief lesson...when you tune a violin, you can play two strings together, and you'll hear "waves" and you would adjust until there are no more. Anyway, so whenever I listen to music or bands, if you're out of tune, I can definitely tell. Singing...that's another thing. I can't stand when people are not in tune. I like American Idol, but I hate when it gets down to the final 12 and you're out of tune...nerves, or we just saw that you really can't sing. So the kicker to this one?????
I can't sing for shit. I suck at Karaoke, and I'm the one who will sing in the shower or car with no one in there. But I'm not the greatest singer....I'll just stick to playing an instrument.
I've been singing this for a while now... |
posted by Janel @ 5:45 PM   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
I eat my stuff in order too. I have to eat all the fries before the sandwich....always.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
I eat my stuff in order too. I have to eat all the fries before the sandwich....always.