"Take all your chances while you can..."
"Take all your chances while you can...never know when they'll pass you by." - Athlete
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
You'll poke your eye out...
Talk about a close call. Last night, the boys and I were sitting down watching Scrubs and having our dinner (Paul and Sam had steak...). Just shooting the shit, and when Paul decided to get up and put his dishes in the sink...I saw him look at me in pain. Sam and I were sitting looking at each other thinking, "what the hell?!" and after a minute of him in agony, he finally said:

"I just stabbed myself in the eye with my steak knife"

What!?!

Apparently when he was trying to get up his sweater got caught on the knife and it bounced up and poked him in the eye. No bleeding, thank God. But I cannot imagine the pain he was going through. A few minutes later he comes out and asked me to look at his eye. I didn't see anything at first, and then later I saw a little "line" across his iris. That's when he thought it was best for him to call the hospital. He was only able to go to Portsmouth General Hospital to get it checked out. I thought it wouldn't be long because he called in first...I went to bed and woke up in the middle of the night to see that he still wasn't home. He told me that he didn't get out of there until after 3AM.

Paul, I would like to apologize for laughing, but we all were. I can't imagine receiving a call saying that they stabbed themself like that. I'm sure you would have laughed too, but with all of the waiting and crap to go through afterwards...definitely not funny.


posted by Janel @ 1:21 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Janel
Home: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
www.flickr.com
vabeachgrl16's photos More of vabeachgrl16's photos
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© "Take all your chances while you can..." . template by isnaini dot com